Postal Changes for 2017
About once a year, the U.S. Postal Service makes service and price changes that affect businesses and nonprofit organizations who use direct mailing. The most recent wave of changes kicked in on January 22nd, 2017. While it can be overwhelming to sort through the list of changes, there’s no need to worry! We’ve updated our handy postal rates chart so you can find the most important information affecting your marketing efforts:
Here are the biggest changes to note:
- Standard Mail is now known as Commercial Marketing Mail
- Standard Non-Profit Mail is now known as Non-Profit Marketing Mail
- The new Marketing Mail mixed letter rates are for up to 3.5 ounces (previously 3.3 oz.)
- The new Marketing Mail mixed flat rates are for up to 3.4 ounces (previously 3.3 oz.)
- The First Class Presort automated letter rate keeps the same postal rate from 1.1 oz. to 3.5 oz. without assessing any additional postage fees. The new rate is $.423 each.
If you have any questions on these changes, feel free to reach out to our team of experts at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (646) 507-5280!
Post written by Keenan Rice
© Manhattan Digital Direct